When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention An Essex Wedding when making any enquiries.
Here is a selection of Q&As from An Essex Wedding magazine whether it be about flowers, hair and makeup, fashion, wedding themes, health & beauty, cakes, stationery, legal advice. If you would like your question answered by our experts, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more expert advice on a different topic, please select one from the list below.
The ideal setting
Q. What should I consider before I book my venue?
A. Fiona Thom says: Your venue will set the scene for your whole wedding, so it's important to make sure it ticks all your boxes. Here's a checklist of things to consider:
- What overall appearance do you want? Do you sway more towards a rustic barn, glamorous manor house or chilled-out marquee?
- What are the logistics of the day? Do you want a church or civil ceremony? Does the venue offer exclusive-use or will you be expected to share your day with other guests or wedding parties?
- Who are you inviting? Does your chosen setting have the capacity for all your loved ones?
- What's the availability? Do you have a specific date in mind such as a birthday or anniversary? Many places get booked up far in advance so check this before setting your heart on it.
- What do you want to eat? Can the venue offer the catering options you'd like?
- Where will you and your guests sleep? Can your chosen place accommodate everyone overnight and offer a breakfast in the morning?
- Are there lots of photo-ready spots? Will the grounds provide a romantic backdrop to capture the special moments of your day?
Q. How can I include my dog in our big day without it being a burden on my wedding party?
A. Rebecca Shalka says: More and more venues are realising the importance that our beloved pups have in our lives and so are becoming pet-friendly. It might not all be plain sailing though, which is where Adventure Tails' dog chaperone service comes in. We can support you in having your dream wedding, which of course includes your furry friend. We aim to take the pressure off of you and not impose on your guests so everyone can enjoy the day. Each event is totally personal to your requirements, but we can treat your pooch to:
- Pre-wedding meet and greet
- Wedding morning prep including exercise, grooming and dressing
- Full chaperone service for the day
- Transport to their overnight accommodation
- Help with doggy ring bearer duties
- Overnight stay pre- and post-wedding (depending on location)